Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Susan Reinhardt on tacky Christmas yard decor | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com

Susan Reinhardt on tacky Christmas yard decor | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com: I have some wonderful neighbors in my middle-class Fairview subdivision. I also have a homeowners association, a governing body I don’t consider human, but more like a Big Brother, watch-your-back organization that in the last couple of years has siphoned my savings like a decent vein at the Red Cross bloodmobile.

We needed a new road, our asphalt being pot-holed and raggedy. I have no reason to gripe about the “patchy” job done, since I did not attend one meeting.

Putting my current homeowners association into perspective, this group pales in comparison to the evil rulings of past experiences I’ve had while living as a single mother in a couple of condos.

One association even required us to use a certain type of vertical blinds, measuring a precise length and width, I kid you not. That was during the time I accidentally bought a patio home in a retirement village, my youngest neighbor in her 90s.

No comments: