Monday, October 27, 2003

Moving is hell
My wife and kids and I are in the middle of packing for a move from The People's Republic of Oak Park, Illinois, in the heart of Cook County, to a suburban setting in Lake County where I am told there are Republicans. Not in museums or zoos, either. They actually roam around free and even vote. All our neighbors here in OP--one of the strongest bastions of the left wing to be found on any continent--think that we will be shocked by the Neanderthal mentality that will surround us. I kind of doubt it. I have no problem seeing a flag flying from most every porch. Ours is up every day, along with a "We Support our Troops" sign, and we are a little tired of being the only ones. In fact, I think HOAs would be better places if they were a little less tightly-wound about this whole flag thing. When did the American flag ever reduce property values?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, moving can be a pain!

Anonymous said...

yep moving can cost a lot too.
like for the moving truck.