Tuesday, October 07, 2003

McKenzie is back on the air!
Sorry for the long absence. We went on vacation in Panara, Iowa and had no computer access at all except for one visit to a nice lady at the management office of the local homeowner association who let me sit at her desk and check my e-mail. How's that for irony?
Then I went to the American Political Science Association annual meeting in Philadelphia, where 5000 political scientists had to wait in long lines to check their e-mail at about 12 computers.
Then my son and I went to Glasgow, Scotland, where I spoke at an international conference on gated communities. This was put on by the University of Glasgow, and it was a great success. The papers will be posted on the web soon, along with some of the Powerpoint presentations, and I'll give you all the URL when it is up.

No comments: