Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lighter shade ends homeowner dispute

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - An Albuquerque woman who was threatened with eviction from her own home for painting her garage door red is now painting it a new--and similar--color her homeowners association chose.

There's no question Sonja Waldrop's red garage stands out in a sea of neutrals in the Volterra neighborhood near Kirtland Air Force Base.

A few weeks ago she painted her garage and front door with "red hawk" red. Some of her neighbors liked it; some of them didn't including the homeowners association.
 

"They came to my door and said that I was in violation and that I needed to change it back to the original color," Waldrop told KRQE News 13. "They did say if I stayed in violation they could actually put a lien on my house."

------------
HOA channels the Rolling Stones: We see a red door and we want it painted black.

No comments: