Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rockdale Citizen | Rob Jenkins: Hey, teacher, my HOA is bullying me again

Rockdale Citizen | Rob Jenkins: Hey, teacher, my HOA is bullying me again: My point is that some of our worst bullies these days are not young children or even teenagers but rather adults who should know better. And this is true not only in our schools but in every walk of life. Give certain people a little bit of power, and they're apt to exercise it unjustly.

Ironically, that tends to be especially true in situations where the stakes aren't particularly high -- like a neighborhood homeowners' association. In my experience, few organizations offer more or better opportunities for people to bully others, if they're so inclined.
-------------
Some readers of this blog would agree with the premise but not with the qualifier that the stakes aren't particularly high.

No comments: