Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes Says State Finances A Mounting Crisis, Things Getting Worse - cbs2chicago.com

Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes Says State Finances A Mounting Crisis, Things Getting Worse - cbs2chicago.com: "The State of Illinois' pile of unpaid bills has grown to a record-breaking $3 billion. Comptroller Dan Hynes said Tuesday it's never before been this bad at this point in any previous fiscal year. CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports that some social service agencies that rely heavily on state reimbursement warn they will soon be forced out of business.

Hynes said that things are likely to get worse before the state's bleak revenue picture begins to improve."

------------
They aren't even paying the dental bills for their employees. The state deducts money from our paychecks for this coverage, and then we pay our share directly to the provider, but the state won't pay what they owe. So the provider--take my kids' dentist, for example--threatens to turn me over to a collection agency if I don't pay it. So I pay the state's share. Then, someday down the road, the state will pay the dentist what they owe, and the dentist will have been paid twice. Will the dentist notify me? Probably not. So how will I know that they made that payment at long last? I won't, unless I call the dentist relentlessly.

No comments: