Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yeah, but that was different...somehow...

Democrats irked by Obama signing statement: "President Barack Obama has irked close allies in Congress by declaring he has the right to ignore legislation on constitutional grounds after having criticized George W. Bush for doing the same."
------------------
Remember all the lefties going berserk over Bush's signing statements? I don't like them, either. I think presidents should either sign or veto. I guess I'm old fashioned that way. But I am wondering how much outrage we will see from his supporters now that he is doing the same things.

1 comment:

Fred Pilot said...

California governors issue veto and signing statements and Gov. Schwarzenegger has issued many.

But they correctly only explain his rationale for approval or disapproval and don't attempt to push constitutional bounds by offering his own interpretations of how his administration will enforce those bills he signs into law.