Thursday, December 04, 2008


Property-tax collections climb as home prices fall - USATODAY.com: "Property taxes are rising across the USA despite the steepest drop in home values since the Great Depression.

Home values dropped 17% in the third quarter compared with the same period in 2007, reports the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index. At the same time, property tax collections across the USA rose 3.1%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis."

-----------------
My assessment went up this year, even though obviously my house isn't worth as much as it was a year ago.

I can imagine a tax revolt against public and private local taxation. People are getting hit from all sides and it seems the demands increase even if they give you less. I hope they march past my house because I am ready to grab a pitchfork and a torch and join the crowd.

No comments: