Sunday, October 03, 2004

Yahoo! News - SpaceShipOne a Flight Away From $10M Prize
MOJAVE, Calif. - SpaceShipOne is one flight away from clinching the Ansari X Prize, a $10 million award for the first privately developed manned rocket to reach space twice within 14 days.
[more]

------------
I hope this goes well. The first flight was successful, as I posted below, but there was some sort of unexpected spiralling that occurred. To a non-pilot like me, that sounds like a bad thing.

This reminds me of the new movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. The hero has a private air fleet, complete with giant hangars and all sorts of neat high-tech stuff. So he's a space privateer, but a good guy. Where does he get all that money? Don't ask such questions--just enjoy the movie. Hunter (my 13 year old son) and I saw the film last week and loved it.

No comments: